Saturday 3 January 2009

Well today was my first day back at work for 2 weeks. I hardly slept for worrying I would sleep in for my 7am start! Tim is taking me in to work when he can as we are down to one car since his was bumped in the snow on the 2nd Dec. Hopefully we will be getting another brand new one this month bit will fill you in as that happens.
So after an 8 hour shift and hours nap and a takeaway (what a hard life lol) I settled down to make some atcs. Yes another one of my crafty passions. I have more than 650 miniature works of art from lots of fabby docraft people, the website I most frequent for crafty chatter and ideas. The site is jam packed with lots of inspiration and talent and well worth a visit www.docrafts.co.uk
These atcs are for a Tag swap hosted by my mate Mandy who was the first person I did a 1-1 swap with and a truely gifted crafter.
The background is made using theRanger distress ink pads worn lipstick and peeled paint. I learnt this technique at Art from the heart, with Dyan, and its still one of my fav messy backgrounds! I have overstamped with peeled paint using a little stamp I got off ebay from Malasia. I have highlighted areas of the stamped image with white sakura pen. The butterflies are from blonde moments which I have embossed then painted using the blonde moments pearl pigment powders. I love these powders - they are sooo versatile and another messy medium to play with LOL Think most of these can be purchased from www.afth.co.uk

Then this little atc, which is a totally different style altogether is a Rak for Mandy. Rak stands for Random act of kindness so I send a Rak just because I want to and not expecting anything in return. The little Angel is from All that scraps and is coloured using promarkers - my newest toy - and gel pen for the wings. The paper is by basic grey -wassail and the ribbon from my stash (one day I may photograph my obscene ribbon collection and share it with you it is an addiction to keep buying them!)The punched lacy edge is another new toy doily edge punch by Martha Stewart.
Sorry about the pic its not the best I will try harder next time x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet...Love the tags, gorgeous !! See you're doing a grand job with the new pens, lovely ATC, love Katy xx

    ps little angel is from All that Scraps xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Katy x Think I need a blender pen for the promarkers though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.