Monday 9 March 2009

Spiced and dusty


More playing with tags at the retreat. I cannot claim the idea for this colour combo as Midnight crafter did it first and it looked so stunning I just had to play. The colours used are dusty concord and spiced marmalade distress ink pads. the clock and man are stamped with black perfect medium then distress embossing powder over the top and heated. This was my first play with this stuff and although it may not look much on the blog it is quite tactile in the flesh so as to speak as it gives a worn rough finish - distressed! The words and speckles are stamped afterwards in archival black then black soot distressed the edges. Should have tried my distresser but I forgot I had it!!! The ribbon is more from my tag prize which I have black sooted so the orange looks mucky and fits in with the rest. Hope you like it. Am going to have another play day tomorrow at my local craft shop with more crafty buddies so may have more tags to show you then!

3 comments:

  1. Well i've seen this in the 'Flesh' and it's utterly gorgeous...want one :) See you tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning tag . do love these colours.And the stamps work so lovely with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag - that colour combo goes together so well and I love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.