Sunday 26 April 2009

Crossburn Lady Katherine




Well here she is. She was born at 11-45pm last Wednesday so is still less than 3 days old here but already is in full tune with her mum and knows where to stand to be most protected! When we visited yesterday afternoon Uncle Rex warned us we may not get too close as the Mum, Bess, was very protective of her foal. Im not surprised after carrying her for so long and giving birth only hours earlier she would be! My Mum had been and bought fresh carrots for Bess and Uncle Rex managed to give her a couple but we stayed back so as not to worry either Mare or Foal. - Wow look at the size of the foal! Hard to think she was curled up inside Bess only hours ago - shes huge isnt she? Hes totally smitten with her and thinks he may keep her!

11 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous! It must be wonderful seeing this little darling in the field with her mother.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful - what a lovely colour she is and her mum sounds brilliant.

    Best wishes
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww she is adorable Glad to hear baby and mum are doing so well ;) I would want to keep her too i would'nt be able to resist it shes gorgeous. Congratulations.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you so much for sharing these photos with us.. they are just gorgeous. Would love to own some myself.

    Hugs
    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie is in love with the foal lots of coo's and ahh's Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beauty she is and oh my god I can't believe she was that size in her mums tum xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!! Beautiful, I love horses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWE!!! I love that baby! I wish I could pet her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's what I would call a Horse! What awesome build and coloring... And her foal is such a cutie, and funny with her too large legs :D Usually their legs are so skinny and bony, but hers are so sturdy and thick in comparison ^_^ Makes me smile.

    I was supposed to comment on your blog candy first, but can I get these instead? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. awh soo cute.brings back memories for me.I had a horse called bess oncexx
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, she is gorgeous, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.