Friday 28 August 2009

A new card after a lesson on colouring


It was the fabulous Katy's card class on Monday and she gave us a little lesson on colouring. Katy now uses copics whereas I have promarkers so I was grateful for the hints and tips she provided. She gave me this fab image from Mos digital pencil shop and having visited there I'm glad today is payday so i can go a little mad and purchase some of the digi stamps.
These papers are old ones - double sided so they work well either side. Cant remember the collection name but they are I think at least 2 years old!
Although the colouring is still not up to Katy's I am quite pleased with the outcome. Ive gently smudged the edges with raspberry adirondack ink and added ribbon from my stash. The doily lace edge punch from Martha Stewart and card candy from craftwork cards finish the look. This should have reached its destination now as part of a Rak swap.

Ive got more cards to make today so am going to have a play with my prisma pencils and see if i can transfer any of the tips Katy gave me!
Have a fab day xx

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic Janet. Don't you just love that image, I've just spent a fortune on Mo's and have actually started making Christmas cards. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! Love that image.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet. I've just been catching up on what you've been up to whle I've been on my hols. I hope you had a great birthday.
    Your colouring is fantastic on this and I love the layout you did with the two baby photos, what a great idea.
    Have a lovely bank holiday whatever the weather!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW , just adore this .. the colouring is fabby. wish i could do that .. then again i need some good copics ( or pro markers)but you have learned well .. its shows so much here. WELL DONE , and a stunning card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet
    A fab card, thought you would love that digi after jo used it. You didn't need lessons but she does look amazing!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. adore this image your colouring is brilliant too love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Janet. You've done a great job on the colouring,she taught you well!
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colouring is fantastic, wish I was that good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.