Wednesday 2 September 2009

Is it possible to fall in love with a stamp?

Because I think I have.
Now I dont need any Christmas stamps at all - Ive just sold a load on ebay to make room in my craft room (rofl) but when I saw this in the new docrafts Creativity magazine I was just smitten. Now I have it its much bigger than I thought - the image just fits onto an A6 card. My first thought was that would look fantastic embossed. However it was my pearl pigment powders that got the first try with it.

Ive used Gold, copper and a red colour from the blonde moments pearl pigments range and just dusted them over the image stamped with perfect medium - spritzed with water then matted and layered on to gold card and straight onto a cream base. Its such a simple design but I really love it and it will be easy to post as its not a bulky card - so I made 7 last night and am going to try brown card instead of black to do some more.
What do you think??
Update - I bought the stamp from Embsay Crafts in Embsay, Skipton. I bought the pearl pigments from www.afth.co.uk they are beautiful powders which can be used dry like this, in water sprayed from a mini mister or mixed like a paint giving a similar look to H2os - really versatile I love them especially at Christmas. Ive had them 2 years and used them quite a bit but the tub still looks full!
Janet xx

21 comments:

  1. Fab card, love the colours. I have commented on Docrafts where you have posted it. Such a classy stamp and so many stunning ways to use it. Did I miss it, who makes the stamp? Jane x (DIGGER on Docrafts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow What a fab card What make is this stamp please? I think I have to have too!!!
    Linda(MIssyG on Docrafts)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and such a fab stamp - can see why you fell in love with it! Rushes off to check magazine!lol
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and a fabulous stamp. I've just picked up their new offers sheet and .... boy are these new stamps classy!

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes Janey, you can fall in love with a stamp - my ;affar' has been going on with Stampendous P107 for years. How sad is that, I even rememebr the code and needless to say my crafty friends are always pulling my leg about it. If in doubt, I always turn to that stamp and it always produces.

    Back to your card, stunning, the pigment powder look gorgeus and ideal for a Christmas card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card and you are right that stamp is awesome, not got the new do crafts magazine i shall have to go to the shops!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's lovely! And that I'll have to do some convincing (of myself) that I really really REALLY don't need it! (no, I really don't, I really can use a few of the gazillion Christmasy stamps I have...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
    Makes me wish I use rubber! You'' lave to let me know where you got it all from. . .
    Hugs Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, now that is a lovely stamp - you really love anything 'Christmassy' don't you. I've still only made 2 Christmas cards so far, wish I could be as organised as you. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab Janet, I love all the Just's you have used when describing what you did to make this card....there is no Just about it....I went to the local "unfriendly" craft shop yesterday to buy different kinds of mediums, but left without buying....they are just too ignorant, very unfriendly Crafty People...off to find another craft shop....Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lady after my own heart Janet. I've spied this too in the do crafts mag, although I didn't realise it was so big. It looks great with the pigment pearls.
    I went to Embsay last weekend and they had so much new stuff I spent far too much as usual. Must stay away for awhile!!
    Can't wait to see what else you do with this lovely stamp.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  12. RR says - Stunning, you decriction / instructions are so easy to follow.
    I want that stamp. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have GOT to have this stamp!!!! Details please Clarky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card and image Janet. This stamp has loads of potential.Love it!
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Janet I have to agree that the stamp is beautiful!! Just sat looking at the magazine now it has some lovely things in xx Hope you are ok ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just stunning Janet, a beautiful card. Sos I've not been commenting much, your posts arn't coming thro to my dashboard again.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're right that it's simple.....but it looks so so elegant.....beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMW this stamp is amazing.. such a beautiful design. Simlpe yes .. STUNNING oh my word yes. Oh i want one now, lol
    Cant wait to see the other colours you have used with this.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. How rude of me, I didn't say how much I loved your card, I was blown away by the stamp

    Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.