Wednesday 9 June 2010

Atc swap


I still love the thrill of receiving atcs through the post - there is something very exciting about owning another persons art work. I made this atc for a swap on a forum I belong to called Running with Scissors. I really enjoyed the theme which was words. I made the background using wild honey distress ink then over stamped with a paperartsy cog stamp in rusty hinge. I have then used archival coffee for the paperartsy eye and archival jet black for the words. I then had a thought - would water "bleach" out the white of the eye? and of course it did! Thats the great thing about distress inks they are sooo versatile. Then layered up onto a black mount and its finished. Cant wait for my swaps to arrive!
Watch this space - an exciting atc swap is to be revived and I cant wait to share that with you!

6 comments:

  1. oh love the colours on this so summery and love the way that eye pops out
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the ATC really good layout. Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great idea Janet, to make the eye white - it really looks FAB! Love the colours and the stamps you used. x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ATC Janet! Love those stamps.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love it, luvgeorginaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ATC Janet. CS Edition April plus another coming up. Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.