Tuesday 8 June 2010

Tuesday Taggers "All that blooms"

I just love flower stamps! They are sooo useful! Do you think Ive gone a little mad with them?
So why an N?
Back in March Jill from The Stampman challenged me to decorate a letter from the shop name - her vision being The Stampman would be in large letters across a shelf in the shop - each one decorated by a customer - What a neat idea!
So I ummed and arghhed a little then painted the N with Ranger paint dabbers - bought of course from The Stampman!
At the last open day my crafty chum took her letter A in (check her work out here) which only stalled my creativity - Man she is tooo good!
Then last week whilst wondering what to do for this weeks project inspiration struck (if you have read previous posts you will know that was rare last week!)

So here is my letter N complete with hand drawn vines and funky flowers from aspects of design - The Stampmans own brand of stamps.

Have you ever visited The Stampman? If not and you manage a trip to Skipton then do you wont be disappointed - especially with the new sale room/ workshop area - Fab!

The opening days are the same as the Market on the high street so make a combined trip really worthwhile. You never know Michelle and I may be there too messing about with stamps which is our favourite pastime LOL
Hop on over to Tuesday Taggers my teamies have got some fabulous projects on show and I would love to see your "all that blooms" projects too x

As luck would have it this also fits The Sunday stampers challenge so Id like to enter it here too. Have a great day.

Janet

13 comments:

  1. oh Janet it's lovely and you can never have too many flowers! I never know when to stop I just keep going and going and going. Loving the colours - please show a piccie when it's all done of the whole word to see how varied it ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project hun! Hope it finds a prominent place to be displayed.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project, unfortunately live too far from Skipton. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you've done with this Janet. You'll have to get a photo of the finished name and share it with us as I would love to see it.
    I think this could be another bumper week as we all love flowers.
    I have a plan which I hope will come to fruition to get to visit the Stamp Man. I will be going to Darlington in November to Crafters Companion's Craftaganza and thought I could stop off (if it doesn't take me too far off course)on the way. I've got to check out the route.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Janet - love all those flowers.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great transformation of a plain papermache letter they are fun to do love yours its so fresh and lively. Great theme this week we all love flowers don't we? xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Janet that's a lovely N! Great design and gorgeous colours. I still haven't done mine been waiting for something I want to use on them. You and Michelle have been very organised getting your letters done. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet this is stunning, such a beautiful colour. I love all the flowers on it. I must make a trip to Skipton one day and visit the stampman, I haven't been to Skipton since I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Janet this is awesome and no I think just the right amount of flowers on it
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to get customers to create the name! Love it! Your 'N' is gorgeous too with all the flowers and I like the colour too. x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet this is gorgeous. Love to go to yr workshop but I'm too fare away ;-(
    MAybe if you do more workshop in future I can talk to my OH and he can look after kids while I go and play with you and Michelle
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally gorgeous N hun... nope, never visited the Stamp Man |:O( Live too far away BUT.. am headed off to Yorkshire soon so I may have to pursuade Grim to let me have a little mooch over there LOL Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper.. loving your art x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is wonderful my friend, Jill will have a lovely addition to her name, luv georginaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.