Wednesday 10 November 2010

Busy little Bees

So did you think I had disappeared??? I'm afraid with Christmas coming my other blog is snatching all the attention - if you want to see more then visit here
Its been a mad week so far. Last Saturday was a Christmas journal workshop with my regular craft club buddies. It was a fabulous day and we got loads done - I will share my journal nearer December.
Monday we had a coach party in at The Stamp Man HQ so Michelle and I did make and takes for 46 ladies - no mean feat as most had no papercraft experience! Good job we did not know that before hand as we would have been running for the hills LOL.
Not without its little problems though - The toilet blocked - Poor Mr Stampman was in there trying his best most of the day and it turned out to be a problem in the outside drain anyway with a stone causing the blockage. Poor Ian he gets the best jobs whilst we ladies get down and inky creating Christmas cards. Sadly I have no sample to show you as I let one lady take it home. It is however over on my Christmas blog as last weeks challenge project for the stamp man.

Yesterday saw yet another class with our Young disabled adults. Their blog has been a little neglected however we really want them to run it themselves so we have to wait for permissions and skills to be up to speed - I have uploaded 2 of their cards from yesterday but hopefully they will be running the blog themselves very soon. You can see it here.

Today saw a workshop at The Stamp Man - making jewellery and gift boxes. Here are some folks being very creative - ignore the tin of biscuits they were for display purposes only we didn't eat them LOL



So this is one of the gift boxes. Using Starburst stains icicle creek a simple gift box dressed to look special.

and look what is inside! We used the melt pot to create this stunner and teamed it with some of the awesome Tim Holtz products available here



You can't see it in the pic but it also had dangly beads on the end and gorgeous sparkle in the stamped impression. We also made style stone necklaces stamping, embossing and painting on them - some stunners were made for presents then packaged the same way.


This mystery parcel contains a luxury bath soak mix. A wonderful origami package with Michelles recipe for a winter pick me up bath soak
Michelle is full to the brim of these sort of ideas and in these credit crunch days a way to give gifts without costing the earth is essential.

Look at that gorgeous snowflake! From spell binders this beauty was an essential for finishing off these gorgeous packages. Did you know the Stamp Man have a brilliant range of not just Tim Holtz goodies but also nestabilities . Worth a visit to the site for a look here
So thats me caught up. Work from tomorrow for 5 days and a stamping club on Friday before I go to work - no rest for the very wicked huh?
Happy Crafting x Janet





3 comments:

  1. What beautiful projects........truly amazing! I love popping past your blog....you're so creative and such an inspiration. Excuse me if I don't always leave a comment! I have to go check out your Christmas blog!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely projects Janet.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx
    p.s. I'm so pleased to be paired with you for the Butterfly ATC swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - blog hopping and came to have a nosey - absolutely beautiful box Janet - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.