Saturday 4 December 2010

Christmas In Claxby

Last weekend saw the 2nd Christmas in Claxby retreat organised by Bee and Kate at the Viking Centre. Kitted out as a bunk barn its spacious and perfect for a meet up with chums and a wonderful place to craft in spacious surroundings.
It takes us around 3 hours to get there but once inside its like we have never been away. These folk are really special people and I am lucky to have them in my life - not just as friends but awesome crafters who share my passion and inspire me with theirs.

These pics were taken on the Sunday - Our official Christmas Day! We did of course drink plenty of Mulled Wine.


After which Bee and Kate still managed to cook up a feast!


The table is laid for the 8 of us Bee, Kate, Emma, Andy, Georgina, Joanne, Michelle and I

Here is Michelle and Georgina as you can see the mulled wine has taken effect!

Georgina and Joanne - Jo is recovering from some pretty major surgery and even though she felt unwell was still the life and soul of the party!


Kate and Bee who organised the whole thing - perfect hosts every time!


Emma and Andy - Em is deciding whether that chicken is in fact just for her LOL.

My Yummy Dinner! The works!


These are the scenes outside as we got ready to go on Monday. We wound up by 11-30 although we could have stayed till 4 but with the weather conditions we decided to get going whilst it was light and as warm as it was going to get LOL


The countryside around Claxby is stunning. So different to Craven where Michelle and I live which is surrounded by hills. The snow makes this even more beautiful!


This is the road out of Claxby - Good job we set off early huh?


Just look at the gorgeous trees.


And even more Gorgeous here are my fabulous friends from left to right
Joanne, Michelle, Emma, Georgina, Me, Kate and Bee. Andy is behind the camera this time.
Thank you friends for a wonderful start to the build up of Christmas.
I will share some of the things I made later in the week x
Keep warm
Janet

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Janet! What a great start to Christmas..mulled wine, good food, crafting and good friends..with a topping of snow!
    Hugs,
    Sue xx
    p.s. look forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant think of anything more special than sharing good times with good friends in lovely surroundings doing what you love best and christmas dinner to boot - wow !!! great photos too BTW xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your weekend retreat, it has been a treat to see you all having a super time together. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic time you all had, it's lovely to see photos of you. I'm loving looking at the snowy pictues while I'm basking in the sun. looking forward to seeing what you made. Love and hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.