Friday 11 March 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge - flowers


This is my version on the concertina book Michelle and I made for last weeks class. This is a workshop we can put on, given some notice, for a small group visiting the Stamp Man and uses lots of SM products. Although it doesn't look it inside it is heavily Tim Holtz inspired . On the front cover is the gorgeous papers by Prima called Botanical - they are beautiful to work with and exquisite colours. The flower used for the roses is the Craft stamper freebie - perfect size for this project.


I had a particular person in mind when i made this book which is quite helpful - its for a colleague who is retiring after 42 years working at the same place. She is also a crafter and hoping to get into stamping when she has more time to play.


She loves Tim Holtz and lace so they were perfect additions plus she bought many of the stamp plates I own as gifts. The ink colours I have used are antique linen, bundled sage distress inks and cranberry adirondack inks.

Do stop by and see the gorgeous projects my team mates have produced - flowers galore and with links to the products used a perfect time to indulge if you see something you really fancy too!
Hope you are having a great Friday - as this post goes live I will be doing what I love most - playing with stash at the Stamp Man with the most fabulous folks at stamping club - lets hope I have something to share later on!

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Beautiful colours and the sentiments are great (anything Tim is great usually though!) A great gift that i'm sure will b treasured! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Janet. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty! I love the classic look of this card. it's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful soft colours, its a gorgeous book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous make Janet, the colours and elements are beautiful. I wish I was nearer to the Stamp Man.
    Have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox
    PS I did a post about the ATC challenge in the week and am going to send in three for the swap. I hope that will be ok. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, Janet. What a work of art. I love those flowers on the front and all the Tim inspired pages are gorgeous. It must have taken you ages.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is stunning Janet.
    I have left something for you over on my blog
    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.