Sunday 21 August 2011

Art Journalling

I have to confess - I am not a big art journaller (is there such a word?) I understand it - can do it and if I had "got it" 6 years ago when my mind was full of angst then it would have been a great therapy however sometimes folks want us to play art journalling along with them so this is one of my pages from such a time. I do have a journal on the go which is about recording me at the place I am now and I will share it when I have more to share but until then....

I do love inking and building up layers through stamping I guess thats as much of a therapy as I need at the moment - it makes me feel content. Dy also taught me how to draw vines which seemed to work well here too. the flower stamp is a CS freebie from yonks ago stamped onto book page and inked. Same with the butterflies.

Of course I wanted the main feature to be the picture and the words which is a bit of fun poking at my own expense :0) Hubby doesn't like it at all but it really makes me smile. This is a loose page from a journal my pal bought me which is still coming together hence the holes on the RH side. Hope you like it x
Have a great Sunday whatever you are up to.
Janet

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Janet and loving the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it... such humour! Art journaling is great fun... you should do it more often.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheeky!!! Fabulous - love it!! Jxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.