Tuesday 17 January 2012

Did you think I had disappeared???

Almost a week since I blogged and longer since I shared with you any crafting. Clearing and putting back the craft room after the double glazing was put in took much longer than I thought!
Still a few things to find homes but at least i managed a little crafting for Try it on Tuesday - which this week is Do you believe in Fairies?

Who could resist this gorgeous tiny fairy by Mo Manning?
I have coloured her with promarkers, added crackle glaze to her wings and then surrounded her with flowers and leaves.
When sorting out the ribbons etc I noticed I have lots of red and green - which I expected because that's what I like on my Christmas cards however it did surprise me how much pink and blue ribbon and flowers I have!
The gorgeous flowers are courtesy of one of my crafty buddies Alison who is lucky enough to visit Thailand regularly so buys some gorgeous flowers to bring back. We are like vultures pouncing on her to see what goodies she has found.
Whilst tidying my stash I came across the wicker wreath, bought in winter 2010, so that seemed like a perfect base for the flowers and fairy - a touch of Timmie with the ticket and I quite like the outcome. Shame as ever I took pictures late last night so they are not the best light wise but I hope you get the picture!
As its an anything goes week - as long as your project includes a fairy its eligible for this weeks challenge - do stop by and see what my team mates have been up to too here

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful spring wreath Janet :D....and yes...I do :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project, love the flowers very bright and cheerful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Janet, love your little fairy image.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just soooooo beautiful Janet! Love that little fairy and she is perfect in her little flower garden. Love it! Is she a stamp or a digi?
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly beautiful wreath, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful wreath Janet. love the little fairy too cute. Hope all is well. Have a great week. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wreath, i just realised i have bought the same stamp, great minds. Hugs bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh thats so bright and beautiful. Love it. Just what we need at this time of year
    Hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.