Wednesday 26 September 2012

catching up slowly........

Its been a month where there has been lots of paperwork and secret projects going on so I feel like I have not had much time to craft to be honest.  I had a couple of hours free yesterday so had a play with a card I needed to make for a card swap on Facebook.  The theme is the sea.

 I have missed playing with the distress markers so thats where I started along with this fab stamp by Kanban.
Some craftwork cards papers and card candi - a touch of butterscotch ink and a Kaisercraft sentiment and here it is.

Life has taken its twists and turns here in the Clarke house. Sadly Hubbys return to work did not go as planned so after a regroup he has given up his job and gone for something completely different.  A part time position which will allow him to try and build a business out of his musical talents.  At the moment he has roughly 2 bookings a week playing at residential homes for the elderly for entertainment and he has had excellent feedback which is really good for helping him build up his confidence. He has also taken a small position conducting a clarinet choir in a nearby town which he is loving every minute of.
Its a huge gamble financially but we both feel it had to be done.

So in amongst the busyness of business there has been some major decisions to make.  I do hope you will forgive my lack of blogging and commenting but I do hope to be raring to go again soon x

Thanks for stopping by x
Janet

6 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, it's a fact that life can get in the way of crafting and it's to frustrating too. Your card is beautiful - I like your delicate colouring of that lovely stamp and the papers are perfect. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, Janet. I love your colouring. I have that stamp but it doesn't see the light of day very often.
    The very best of luck to your Hubby. I know exactly how you feel, we are going through the same thing. Hubby is being made redundant next April but has decided to strike out on his own before it happens. A huge gamble like you say but it has to be done!!! Hence my lack of blogging and crafting come to that matter!!!! Life has to take over sometimes. I'm thinking of you both and will keep everything crossed for you.
    Take care
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lighthouse, we have several here at the shore. Best of luck to your hubby.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet. Great card. As you say life does get in the way of crafting but it is always there for you to pick up when able. Good luck with all your future plans. Cheers Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. superb card hunnie loving the lighthouse...sorry comments have been few havent been too good....but loving this card so beautiful hugs sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be fine. Just done something very similar myself. Good luck, to hubs. Lovely work, jenx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.