Saturday 3 August 2013

No Classes for a whole month

Yep that's right - no classes at all this month - August is a rest month !
Which is not true at all as its also my birthday month and I like to meet up with crafty chums for a jaunt somewhere - Its also my first solo retreat away from Lovin' Ink and I am very excited about the plans I have for that - so really its not a rest month at all but a break from teaching.
This week has been weird.  I worked last weekend and waking nights o Tuesday
but have not been at work since.  Wednesday was a sleep/ rest day, Thursday saw a visit from friends and much needed hugs were shared. Friday I had a little crafty jaunt with a couple of old friends then had my nephew and niece over for tea to fulfil some secret mission work going on!
Today I met up with 2 lovely ladies for a cuppa then spent all afternoon making these.

 I saw the tutorial on Pinterest some while ago (go to my boards and check out the May retreat board) and have been meaning to have  play. The denim is from some jeans of mine that gave up the ghost 3 months ago - teamed with some SU fabric, buttons, lace and ribbon - they are fab little holders for your scissors.
two sizes as I used the retired SU dresdon plate die to cut them out. Easy peasy and I love how sweet they look. These are destined for folks as gifts - I am getting ahead ! Yep Christmas needs planning all year to make sure I get everything I want to done.
Mum suggested they would be fab little manicure holders for your handbag too so another use for them.
Tomorrow I plan to play with the machine some more making bunting for my youngest's 18th birthday in October - gosh writing that I feel suddenly old!
Hope your weekend is filled with much laughter and creativity.
Thanks for stopping by x
Janet

2 comments:

  1. How sweet are those Janet. Sounds like you are quite busy even though taking a break. I feel like I have been away forever, just trying to catch up now. Have a great Bday. Mine is august too. take care and have a lovely day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scissor cases, so sweet. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.